Friday, 3 March 2017

Evening NEWS DIGEST(Friday spl)
03 March.2017: 03 Jamadiul  Akhir 1438: Vol:8, No:131
Supreme Court seeks reply of Centre, MCI on plea to conduct NEET in Urdu
New Delhi:A plea suggesting making Urdu as a medium for NEET 2017, a common entrance test for admissions in MBBS and BDS courses across the country, today led the Supreme Court to seek responses from the Centre and Medical Council of India (MCI)."Issue notice," a bench comprising Justices Kurian Joseph and R Banumathi said while taking note of the petition filed by Student Islamic Organisation (SIO).The bench also noted the submission that MCI was open to include any language as a medium of National Eligibility-cum- Entrance Test (NEET) if a request was made to it by states concerned.Besides the Centre and MCI, the court also issued notices to Dental Council of India (DCI) and Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and fixed the plea for further hearing on March 10.The counsel for SIO informed the court that Maharashtra and Telangana have already apprised the MCI that Urdu be included as one of the medium for conducting NEET.Currently, NEET is being conducted in ten languages - Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telegu, Tamil and Kannada languages.Earlier, the apex court had refused to give urgent hearing to the petition, filed through lawyers Parvez Dabas and Ravindra S Garia, alleging that exclusion of Urdu as one of the languages in NEET exam to be held on May 7 was "arbitrary and violative of Article 14 and 21 of the Constitution"."The decision to exclude Urdu was discriminatory, arbitrary, unreasonable and violative of Article 14 and 21 of the Constitution," it said."The decision to exclude Urdu which is the sixth most spoken language of India, while including seventh most spoken language Gujarati, and twelfth most spoken language Assamese is completely without any rationale basis," it said. PTI
NEET dreams of Urdu-medium junior college students hang on SC verdict
RSS, CPM violence flares up in Kerala, 3 DYFI activists attacked in Palakkad
New Delhi:Amidst the ongoing tussle between the RSS and CPM in Kerala, three Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI) activists were attacked at Elappulli in Palakkad district. Five unidentified men who came on motor bikes attacked the 3 activists- Rathish (30), Yousuf (31) and Sudheesh (28). The attack in Palakad happened few hours before the bomb attack on RSS office in Kallachi in Kozhikode district on Thursday. DYFI is the youth wing of the CPM.Police filed a complaint naming three BJP workers for attacking the two youths. In another attack, the CPM office in Vishnumangalam, Kozhikode area was set on fire on Thursday night. RSS supporter Virag Pachpor told ANI on Friday that since the last eight months when the Communist Government came to power in Kerala, there had been continuous attacks on RSS people.Yesterday, RSS leader from Ujjain Kundan Chandrawat announced a bounty of Rs 1 crore on Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan’s head and promised to “offer a garland of three lakh human skulls to Bharat Mata” in revenge. However, Vijayan said the remarks didn’t bother him: “I reject the threat with contempt.”Coming down heavily on the RSS leader over his announcement on Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, CPI on Friday said it knows how to fight against the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-raj and protect the democracy. “We fought against the British raj and won the independence. We know how to fight against the BJP-raj and protect the democracy, secularism in our country,” CPI leader D Raja told ANI.On Thursday, the entire Delhi university’s North Campus was filled with hoardings of random mutilated bodies and other disturbing images calling it to be an outcome of communist violence in the state. One of the hoardings had a photo of a mutilated body of an RSS worker from Kannur, Kerala, who was killed in 2008. According to a statement issued by AISA, the hoardings were fake and illegally put at spots where hoardings were not allowed. AISA accused the the Delhi Police to be ‘in constant nexus with the ABVP in this entire episode’.indianexpress
Muslims shifted mid-way from SP-Cong to BSP, will pave our victory, says BJP
Varanasi: Muslims shifted their loyalty mid-way during the UP elections from the SP-Congress alliance to the BSP, a trend that BJP claims will consolidate its victory in the state. “Muslims were with the SP-Congress alliance in the earlier phases of the polls...but lately they realised that they had bet on the wrong horse. Shivpal Yadav has also damaged Yadav votes for the alliance in Phase-III. Muslims then shifted towards BSP. As a result, BJP will get a majority,” a senior BJP functionary said. He said media overhyped the strength of the SP-Congress alliance and thereby confused the Muslim voters. The leader added that for the first time in UP elections, BJP was getting votes from almost 3-and-a-half groups out of the six voting in the state and it was confident of getting 34% vote-share, which would be needed for a majority in a 3-cornered contest.economictimes
'Why Modi Is Silent on BJP Leader's Arrest in Child Trafficking Case?' Asks Cong
New Delhi:The Congress today targeted the BJP after the arrest of its women's wing leader Juhi Chowdhury for her alleged involvement in a child trafficking case, and asked why the Prime Minister was silent over the issue."Prime Minister Modi is silent on the sex racket in WB (West Bengal), but makes divisive statements in UP," Congress leader Manpreet Badal said.Addressing a press conference here, the Congress leader said it is "glaringly shameful" that the West Bengal BJP Mahila Morcha general secretary Juhi Chowdhury has been arrested for her involvement in a child trafficking racket. He claimed Juhi has now told the police that she was advised to escape to Nepal by an MP of BJP.outlookindia
WORLD
Hosni Mubarak acquitted over 2011 protester killings
6 years after the uprising that ended his rule, former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has been acquitted over his alleged involvement in the killings of hundreds of protesters in 2011.The Court of Cassation's final ruling on Thursday could see Mubarak walk free."It has been six long years. Mubarak has stood so many trials in front of various courts.He's been tried mainly for two things. First in his role in killing protesters in the 18 days of the January 25 revolution. He was also tried for corruption.Egyptians were closely watching the trial for involvement in killing protesters.In 2012, he was found guilty and was sentenced to life. He appealed that ruling. He was found innocent today.This means that we don't know who killed the protesters.Habib al-Adly, his minister of interior, was found innocent before, and now Mubarak is "free'.Most of the youth leaders of the revolution have been found guilty and are in jail. They are both from youth groups and religious groups. About 60,000 activists are in jail today.The government was able to find enough evidence to indict them and sentence them to years in prison.The striking point sf that the most senior leaders of the Mubarak regime, who people revolted against, are found innocent because of a lack of evidence."After an all-day hearing, Judge Ahmed Abdel Qawi announced: "The court has found the defendant innocent."
US: Hanging of young Muslim prompts calls for FBI probe
 A Muslim civil rights group is calling for a federal investigation after an 18-year-old black Muslim was found hanged in the northwestern U.S. state of Washington.Ben Moussa Keita, who was set to graduate from high school, went missing last November. He was discovered in the woods by passers-by last month in the city of Lake Stevens, where the family lives.After a weeks-long search effort and no clear answers, the Council on American-Islamic Relations' (CAIR) local branch is urging the FBI to take over."The family really wants answers," Arsalan Bukhari, head of CAIR Washington, told Anadolu Agency.World Bulletin
School in Germany bans Muslim children from prayer
A high school in Germany’s western city of Wuppertal has banned Muslim students from publicly praying in the school building, sparking a heated debate in social media.Johannes Rau all-day high school asked teachers on Feb. 16 to issue a "friendly warning" to students who perform prayers in the building, a leaked document circulated in social media has revealed.The school management said the ritual washing at the school toilets, and publicly praying in the school building are not permitted. It also urged teachers to report names of students who don’t observe the rules.The controversial ban has drawn widespread criticism in social media, but was backed by the country’s far-right party Alternative for Germany, or AfD.World Bulletin
Israel demolishes Arab-Israeli’s home without notice
Israeli bulldozers demolished an under-construction house owned by an Arab-Israeli in the central Israeli town of Kafr Qasim this morning.Israeli police raided the home of Ramzi Bin Bari and demolished it.According to locals, the demolition was carried out because the building lacked difficult to obtain Israeli-issued building permits. Bin Bari had recently moved to the town, locals added.Despite attempts by residents to prevent the demolition, the bulldozers continued work until the house was completely destroyed.Bin Bari told Ma’an that his case was still being discussed in court in an attempt to gain a permit for the property. He added that he had not received a demolition order and was shocked when bulldozers arrived at the house. worldbulletin
 Compiled and edited by Anwarulhaq (Released at: 2:12 PM)

Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a comment